In anticipation of Winter Storm Stella, the Town of Brookhaven is taking a number of actions:
- Regular garbage collection scheduled for Tuesday, March 14 has been CANCELLED. Residents should NOT place any cans at the curb so as not to interfere with plowing operations.
- An executive order is being issued at midnight tonight, requiring all parked cars be removed from Town roadways. Any cars parked along Town roads during the storm that interfere with plowing operations or emergency vehicle access may be subject to towing and/or fines.
- The Town of Brookhaven will close all Recreation Centers, Senior Centers, Jitney program, Mastic Aquatic Center and Manorville Compost Facility on Tuesday, March 14.
- The Special Town Board Meeting that is scheduled for Tuesday, March 14 at 5 p.m. is being postponed and rescheduled for Monday, April 10 at 5 p.m.
- The Historic District Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 14 has also been cancelled.
- The Town’s Meals on Wheels program clients have been delivered a two day supply of meals in anticipation of the storm. Deliveries will resume on Thursday.
Residents should call 451-TOWN to report snow related issues. Call 911 for police, fire and ambulance emergencies only. To report a power outage or downed wires, call PSEG at 800-490-0075 or go to www.psegliny.com to file a report online.
Please go to the Town’s website at www.brookhavenny.gov for up-to-date snowstorm related news, information, weather updates and emergency contact numbers.
The Town will also be sending out e-mail alerts to residents who have registered on our e-mail list. If you are not on the list, you can sign up today at www.brookhavenny.gov. Residents can also sign up for countywide Code Red alerts at www.suffolkcountyny.gov.