Upcoming Event: Jack-O’-Lantern Blaze Contest
Join Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Community Library 1st annual Jack-O’-Lantern Blaze! Friday, October 30th.
Take a spooky walk through the dark library after hours, lit only by the Jack-O’-Lanterns! The contest is open to everyone so show off those carving skills.
How to enter:
• Drop off your carved pumpkin between the hours of 2:00 – 5:00 pm.
• Each pumpkin will have to have a hole of sufficient size (minimum 4” in diameter) to enable the Library to illuminate it with a battery-operated candle from the inside.
• Blaze Walk and contest 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. No registration necessary.
• Awards will be given out beginning at 8:00 pm.
Pumpkins MUST be taken home at the end of the night.
Pumpkins will be judged on originality, creativity and relevance to the categories:
• Funniest Jack-O-Lantern
• Scariest Jack-O-Lantern
• Most Creative Jack-O-Lantern
• Most Traditional Jack-O-Lantern