Effective May 21, 2016, the Outer Beach at Smith Point will be open for limited day tripping and fishing.
• Outer Beach access begins east of Cut 1 and is open to 1,000 ft east of Cut 2 except for areas posted “No Parking.”
• No vehicles are allowed beyond barricade east of Cut 2.
• Vehicles must back up to dunes or fencing.
• At no time shall anyone enter or allow pets to enter restricted bird nesting areas.
• Burma Rd is closed and there is no access to Moriches Inlet at this time.
• There is currently no Outer Beach camping at Smith Point until further notice.
For up-to-date conditions, please call the Park Office at 631-852-1315.
— Information courtesy of the Suffolk County Parks Department