Suffolk County Police yesterday arrested six people for selling e-liquid nicotine or alcohol to minors at businesses located in the Town of Brookhaven, New York.
In response to community complaints, Seventh Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an investigation into the sale of e-liquid nicotine and alcohol to minors at 17 businesses.
The following people were arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 1st degree, (sale of alcohol to less than 21):
- Tugba Top, 21, of Middle Island, employed at USA Gas, 450 Neighborhood Road, Mastic Beach
- Akshaykumar Patel, 26, of Mastic, employed at Mastic Deli & Market, 234 William Floyd Parkway #2, Shirley
- Devang Bharat Patel, 24, of Mastic, employed at One Stop Deli, 1088 Mastic Road, Mastic
- David Dominguez Perez, 32, of Shirley, employed at Ocean Gas, 980 Montauk Hwy, Shirley
The following people were arrested and charged with violating Suffolk County code regulating the sale of E-liquid Nicotine:
- Timothy Perdue, 21, of Mastic Beach, employed at Smoker’s Depot, 163C Poospatuck Lane, Mastic
- Syed Raza, 51, of Shirley, employed at Star Deli, 157 Commack Road., Mastic Beach
The following businesses complied, and refused the sale of e-liquid nicotine or alcohol to minors:
- Tejada Market, 199 Mastic Beach Road, Mastic Beach
- Village Deli, 65 Mastic Beach Road, Mastic Beach
- Neighborhood Country Market, 73 Whittier Drive, Mastic Beach
- Track Gas, 310 Neighborhood Road, Mastic Beach
- Handy Pantry, 321 Neighborhood Road, Mastic Beach
- Hero Haven, 478 Neighborhood Road, Mastic Beach
- Sunshine Deli, 525 Neighborhood Road, Shirley
- La Placita, 567 Surrey Circle, Shirley
- Quik Stop Convenience, 20 Floyd Road, Shirley
- Valero Gas, 1651 Montauk Highway, Mastic
- Exxon Gas, 1525 Montauk Highway, Mastic
The six people arrested were issued Field Appearance Tickets and are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on a later date.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.