In anticipation of the impending snow storm on Wednesday, March 21, the Town of Brookhaven has announced the following cancellations and closings:
- Wednesday, March 21 Zoning Board meeting has been canceled and rescheduled to Wednesday, March 28.
- The Brookhaven Industrial Development Agency / Local Development Corporation meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 21 has been canceled and will be rescheduled to a date to be determined.
- The Wednesday, March 21 Defensive Driving Course at Town Hall has been canceled and rescheduled to Wednesday, April 4 at 7:00 pm.
- The Town’s Meals on Wheels program will be suspended on Wednesday and will resume on Friday, March 23. Please note that Wednesday and Thursday meals have already been distributed by the Town to all Meals on Wheels program participants.
- The Town’s Jitney Program will be suspended on Wednesday, March 21.
Residents should call 451-TOWN (8696) to report snow-related issues. Call 911 for police, fire and ambulance emergencies only. To report a power outage or downed wires, call PSEG at 800-490-0075 or go to www.psegliny.com to file a report online.
Please go to the Town’s website at www.brookhavenny.gov for up-to-date snowstorm-related news, information, weather updates and emergency contact numbers. The Town will also be sending out e-mail alerts to residents who have registered on our e-mail list. If you are not on the list, you can sign up today at www.brookhavenny.gov. Residents can also sign up for countywide Code Red alerts at www.suffolkcountyny.gov.